Affordable Connectivity Program
Applications for the Affordable Connectivity Program are now being accepted. Please continue to check back here for the latest updates and news about the program.
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) was designed to modify and extend the existing Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB). The program is funded through the $65 billion Infrastructure Investments and Jobs Act that was passed by Congress in November 2021. Under the Affordable Connectivity Program, eligible households can receive up to $30 a month towards broadband service and up to $75 for households on Hawaiian Home Lands.
The program is limited to one monthly service discount. Eligible households may also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer or tablet from participating Hawaii internet service providers if they contribute a minimum of $10 towards the purchase price.
What is broadband?
Who qualifies for the program?
Hawaii households are eligible to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program if one member of the household:
- Receives benefits from one of the following federal assistance programs: Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit;
- Qualifies for participation in the Lifeline program (with the modification that the qualifying household income threshold is at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for a household of that size);
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school breakfast or lunch programs;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year;
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program; or
- Receives assistance through the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC).
Who are the participating service providers?
You can find the latest list of participating Hawaii internet service providers for the Affordable Connectivity Program here.
How do I apply?
You can apply for the program in two ways:
- Go to ACPBenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Contact your preferred participating provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill. (Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete)
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
Have questions about the Affordable Connectivity Program? Visit the FCC FAQ page to learn more about eligibility details, internet service plans and more, or view some of the FAQs in the flyer below.
Help us spread the word!
Download our ACP social media toolkit here.