Statewide Broadband Resources
During the COVID-19 pandemic, many of the Internet service providers in Hawaii offer free or discounted services for the community. Much of this came as a result of the FCC’s Keep Americans Connected pledge. As we find offers that pertain to Hawaii, we will update this page and share those offers.
Hawaiian Telcom Student Offer:
- As of March 14, Hawaiian Telcom have been offering two months of free Internet service (up to 300Mpbs!) to households with K-12 and/or college students who currently do not subscribe to our Internet service. Installation fees are being waived for these households.
- After two months, customers will be given the best available promotional rate for the plan that they are on. Customers will be notified of this change in advance and will have the opportunity to cancel their service without a penalty.
- Eligible customers who meet certain income thresholds may have the opportunity to sign up for Hawaiian Telcom’s Internet Kokua program after the two months of free service. More information on this program can be found here.
- For more information call 643-8888.
- Free Hawaiian Telcom Wifi Hotspots
- As of May 20, 2020, Hawaiian Telcom has extended their offer to June 30, 2020.
Charter/Spectrum Student Offer:
- Charter is offering free Spectrum Internet and WiFi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students, and now educators, who do not already have a Spectrum Internet subscription.
- Charter continues to offer Spectrum Internet Assist, a high speed broadband program available to eligible low-income households that delivers speeds of 30 Mbps.
- Charter has opened its WiFi hotspots across our footprint for public use.
- Spectrum does not have data caps or hidden fees.
- Spectrum will not terminate service for residential or small business customers who face difficult economic circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Similarly, Charter will not charge late fees for those customers facing difficult economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
- Spectrum News has opened its websites to ensure people have access to news and information.
- Charter has also donated airtime to run 1,000 COVID-19 public service announcement (PSA) spots per week, including on all Spectrum News Networks, for four weeks to our full footprint of 16 million video subscribers and on our digital video and streaming apps. Additionally, Charter will run PSAs for the American Red Cross and other relief organizations.
- Educators, who live in a Spectrum market and do not currently have broadband, should contact Spectrum at 1-844-488-8395 to sign up.
- Details of the offer is available on the Charter Corporate website.
- Free Spectrum WiFi Hotspots
- Charter Extends Free 60-Day Spectrum Broadband Internet & WiFi Offer Through June 30.
- Learn more about the Spectrum Digital Education Grant program for 501(c)3 non-profits. Application opens on June 8, 2020.
AT&T’s COVID-19 Resource Pages
AT&T is extending their commitment to the FCC “Keep Americans Connected Pledge” to June 30, 2020: see PDF
- Free three months of FirstNet service for nurses and physicians: https://about.att.com/story/2020/fn_free_service.html
- For first responders: https://about.att.com/pages/COVID-19.html#responders.
- Education and Communities: https://about.att.com/pages/COVID-19.html#communities
- Telehealth Services: https://about.att.com/story/2020/vitaltech.html
- Consumer Services: https://about.att.com/pages/COVID-19.html#consumers
- Cricket Wireless COVID-19 Resources: https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/fraud-and-safety/covid-19.html
Verizon Wireless COVID-19 Resources
- Public Safety and Education: https://www.verizon.com/about/news/public-sector
- Consumers: https://www.verizon.com/about/news/covid-response-customers
- Businesses: https://www.verizon.com/about/news/covid-response-business
- COVID-19 Resources at a glance (.pdf)
T-Mobile COVID-19 Resources
Most small business customers on T-Mobile already have unlimited talk, text, and data, but we want to ensure that ALL current T-Mobile customers are provided the unlimited connectivity they need to work.
- Starting now–ALL current T-Mobile small business customers who have data plans will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
- Providing T-Mobile small business customers on smartphone plans with hotspot data can add 10GB of Smartphone Mobile HotSpot each month for the next two months (20GB total)–coming soon.
- Free international calling to Level 3 countries
To support these measures, we are expanding network capacity for customers across the country with additional 600 MHz spectrum for the next 60 days. We’re also expanding roaming access for Sprint customers to use the T-Mobile network.
In addition, T-Mobile supports the FCC’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge to ensure that small business customers impacted by this situation do not lose service. If you are a small business that has been severely impacted by COVID-19 and are struggling to pay your bills, visit www.T-Mobile.com/business to learn about how T-Mobile can support your business.
On September 3, 2020 T-Mobile announced Project 10Million, a $10.7B Initiative Aimed at Closing the Homework Gap and Connecting Students to Opportunity, for free.