Digital Inclusion Week 2022
October 3-7, 2022
What is Digital Inclusion Week?
Digital Inclusion Week is an annual National Digital Inclusion Alliance (NDIA) campaign to highlight digital inclusion efforts and promote digital equity across the country through local events and organizations. The week aims to raise awareness of solutions addressing home internet access, personal devices, and local technology training and support programs. The theme this year is “Turning Our Moment into Movement” signaling a turning point and time of action for the digital inclusion movement.
What is digital equity?
This year, Governor David Ige proclaimed October 3-7, 2022 Digital Inclusion Week to be recognized in Hawaii, as a time to prioritize digital equity and broadband access.
Digital Inclusion Week 2022 Events
Hawaii residents can look forward to the following events and activities in celebration of Digital Inclusion Week:
- October 3: Free, in-person Digital Ready Hawai’i digital literacy classes, hosted by Ka’ala Souza on Molokai at MEO office. This class will provide digital and computer skills training for those in need to thrive in this high-tech world. For more information, visit digitalreadyhawaii.org.
- October 4: Hawaii County will hold a “Digital Equity Showcase” at Hilo Public Library (300 Waianuenue Ave Hilo, HI 96720). The event will showcase digital literacy programs and digital equity support that is offered on Hawai’i Island. Mayor Roth may attend for official DIW proclamation.
- October 4: Register for the Digital Inclusion Week webinar. The virtual webinar will be held over Zoom from 3pm to 3:45pm and will share information about working remotely and its potential to create equity of opportunity for Hawaii residents, as well as the need for digital inclusion. Interested attendees can register through this link.
- October 5: Free, in-person Digital Ready Hawai’i digital literacy classes, hosted by Ka’ala Souza in Papakolea from 10am to 1pm. This class will provide digital and computer skills training for those in need to thrive in this high-tech world. For more information, visit digitalreadyhawaii.org.
- October 8: Affordable Connectivity Program sign-up at Palama Settlement’s 125th anniversary celebration (Palama Settlement 810 N. Vineyard Boulevard, Honolulu, HI 96817). ACP representatives will be there to help eligible Hawaii residents sign up for the program in-person and answer any questions from 10am to 2pm.
- October 3-7, 2022: PBTRC’s social media challenge.
Participate in Pacific Basin Telehealth Resource Center’s Student Social Media Challenge!
What does digital inclusion mean to you? Compete in the Student Social Media Content Challenge to win a Starbucks card! More info at www.pbtrc.org. #digitalequityNOW #DIW2022